Did you know that more than 70 percent of medical decisions rely on information from hospital laboratories? That's why at Hancock Regional Hospital, we strive for excellence in our laboratory services.
Hancock Regional's laboratory was recently reaccredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP). As one of the first laboratories in central Indiana to process specimens directly with barcode readings (which increases patient safety) and one of the first in the area to develop auto verification of test results, our state-of-the-art technology has been proven to demonstrate high-quality and sound results.
HOW DO LABORATORIES HELP YOU?
Laboratories play vital roles in our healthcare. Here are just a few of the roles laboratories perform and how they benefit our health and well-being:
- collect specimens such as blood and urine for testing—to assist physicians in making a diagnosis
- test blood chemistries and assess cellular components of the blood—to assist physicians in assessing what medications you need and how much you should take
- examine bacteria and other infectious agents—to provide guidelines for antibiotic treatment of infections
- prepare blood for transfusions—to provide replacement blood following illness, trauma, or surgery
- provide histology analysis of tissue—to aid in diagnosis and classification of cancer
WHERE TO FIND US
Below is a listing of the various laboratory locations of Hancock Regional Hospital.
Drop-in patients with any physician orders are accepted during the listed hours. Most insurance plans are accepted, and mobility scooters are provided at the hospital's main entrance as needed.
McCordsville Medical Office Lab
8535 N. Clearview Dr.
McCordsville, IN 46055
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Hancock Regional Hospital Lab*
801 N. State St., Greenfield
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.–7 p.m.
Saturday, 7 a.m.–2 p.m.
Sunday, by appointment only (call 317.468.4600 for appt.)
Knightstown Health Clinic
437 McCullum, Knightstown
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
New Palestine Family Medicine Lab
7375 W. US 52, New Palestine
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.