It’s right there on your face—your most personal and identifiable body part. And you’ve gotta have it when you’re out in the world, so why wouldn’t you want it to show a little personality?
Since CDC recommendations urged everyone to wear masks in public, and since we’ve all started adjusting to bundling up in this new way, style has become a big part of the equation—from presidential candidate Joe Biden’s somber (or superhero-like?) pure black mask to Billie Eilish’s Gucci version.
Here are a few ways to show off your fashion sense (or humor) while you protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- Become a bulldog—or a shark, bunny, etcetera, with an animal mask.
- Improve on your naturally occurring facial hair with a handlebar moustache mask.
- Send a clear message to all who cross your path—any message you want—with a custom comment mask.
- Get really cozy in a quilted mask.
- Go couture (and a little wild) with an animal print.
- Get meta by zipping your . . . hidden lips?
- Put on a cheerful face with kid-designed rainbow masks.
- Wear a work of art, if you’re cool with paying $100.
- Heck, you can even get sexy with a lace-covered mask.
Go forth and express yourself—ironically while covering up the talking part.