Caring Community Partners
The Hancock Health Caring Community Partners (CCP) program extends the Hospital’s mission, vision, and values into our diverse community. Our Caring Community Partners are those associates, family members, friends, and organizations who commit their skills and time to making our community a better, brighter place to live.
Examples of CCP activities include assisting with holistic medical care, construction or reconstruction of medical facilities, preventative health education, and medication delivery. Partners train on the job, learning skills as they go. Hancock Regional Hospital provides some measure of financial support, and other community partners provide or raise the remainder.
The CCP program concept came from a desire to assist the victims of the December 2004 tsunami in Asia. In partnership with the Fellowship Associates of Medical Evangelism (FAME), we formed a mission team that traveled to Andrah Pradesh, India, in September 2005.
Soon after, Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. Our CCP program assisted with cleanup and constructed the Hancock Medical Center in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi.
In 2010, nine hospital associates traveled to Haiti to provide aid following a devastating earthquake. And in February 2012, a small team went to India for the dedication of a new hospital and nurse-training facility that bears the Hancock name. We completed another full medical relief trip in 2014 and 2016.
We’re involved with many local projects, too, including helping an associate move and repairing and rebuilding a wheelchair ramp at the Girl Scout House. CCP participates annually in a United Way Day of Caring project, volunteers with Habitat for Humanity, and assists whenever possible as additional projects and needs arise.
What began with a handful of volunteers in 2005 has now grown to include more than 80 hospital associates and community volunteers. Including all missions and local efforts, our volunteers have put in nearly 25,000 hours—and there’s still lots more good work to do!
To facilitate opportunities for hospital associates to use their personal and professional skills in partnership with other community members to improve the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health of underserved people in Hancock County and beyond.
Our volunteer work makes a meaningful difference in the spiritual, emotional, and physical health of those we serve.
- Machilipatnam, India: ’05, Feb. ’07, Feb. ’09, Feb. ’12 (Dedication of The Hancock School of Nursing), March ‘16
- Hendersonville Settlement Clinic: May ’12
- Fond Parisien, Haiti: Oct. ’12
- Port au Prince, Haiti: Oct. ’10
- Joplin, Missouri: Oct. ’11
- Bay St. Louis, Mississippi: Jan. ’06, Jun. ’07, Sept. ’08, Sept. ’09, Sept. ’10
- Henryville Tornado Relief: Mar. ’12
Local Projects (Hancock County)
- Girl Scout House: Oct. ’08
- United Way Day of Caring: Annually since Aug. ’08
- Santa’s Helpers: Annually since Dec. ’08
- Kenneth Butler Soup Kitchen: Mar. ’09
- Riley Park Pool/Bathhouse: Aug. ’10
- Fundraising (House Fire Victim): Feb. ’11
- Fundraising (Wounded Veteran): Sept. ’11
- Fundraising (Joplin Family Tornado Relief): Oct. ’11
- Donation (Real Community Church Pantry & Blue River Community Church Pantry): Sept. ’12
- Donation (Kids Against Hunger): Oct. ’12
- Wheelchair Ramp Construction: 2012
- Boy Scout Eagle Project: 2014
- Habitat for Humanity: May and Jun ‘16
- Habitat Rebuild, Tuscaloosa, AL: Oct. ‘16
- Machilipatnam, India: Medical Mission, 2018
- Haiti: 2018/2019
- Tuscaloosa, AL: 2018/2019
Are You a Caring Community Partner?
Would you like to help a hospice patient with housekeeping or shopping for groceries? Assist a rehab patient who is housebound? Ever felt there must be something you could do to help those impacted by hurricanes, tsunamis, or other devastating disasters? If these situations have ever tugged at your heartstrings, then you’re a Hancock Health Caring Community Partner. We could use your help to:
- Build or repair a wheelchair ramp or perform minor home repairs for an elderly neighbor
- Winterize (caulk, window plastic, etc.) a hospice patient’s home
- Clean a home or shop for groceries for a homebound/hospice patient
- Read to a homebound patient
- Provide temporary pet care for an ill or recovering pet owner
- Provide respite care
- Participate in short-term mission trips in or outside of the United States
These are just some of the ways Caring Community Partners serve our community. Do you know someone who could use our help?
To volunteer or find out about volunteer opportunities, please contact Board Chairman Marc Petrey at (317) 468-4550 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to donate to Caring Community Partners, please contact the Hancock Regional Hospital Foundation at (317) 468-4583 or mail your donation to:
Hancock Regional Hospital Foundation
c/o Caring Community Partners
801 North State Street
Greenfield, IN 46140
CCP Golf Outing
Each year, we hold a fun golf benefit at Maple Creek Country Club in Indianapolis. Contact Chaplain Russ Jarvis for more information at (317) 468-4500 or email@example.com.