Nurse Practitioner Extern Program
The Hancock Health Nurse Practitioner Extern Program gives aspiring nurses the real-world experience they need to excel in their field. Successfully completing the program opens the door to opportunities for nurse practitioner positions. Students from accredited nurse practitioner programs may apply to participate.
Applicants may submit the required information during the open enrollment period of March 1 – May 1 of even-numbered years (e.g. 2018, 2020, etc.). Materials must be postmarked by May 1 and mailed to:
Attn: NP Coordinator
Hancock Physician Network
One Memorial Square, Suite 50
Greenfield, IN 46140
Because NP Externs are selected only through our established enrollment and interview process, emails or cold calls to individual officers, mangers, and providers are discouraged.
As part of the application process for the Hancock Health Nurse Practitioner Extern Program, you are required to:
- Write a one-page letter that addresses:
- Your licensure goal (FNP, ANP, WHNP, etc.)
- Why you chose Hancock Physician Network for student rotations
- Why you want to be an NP and the area you wish to practice in
- Estimated dates of both clinical start and completion Name and contact information of NP program supervisor or director
- Completed NP Student Profile
- Current CV or resume
Once selected, the NP extern will be placed with HPN providers for approximately four semesters. Each NP extern will be offered approximately 600 hours of clinical time. The exact order or rotations may vary, and NP externs will be required to conduct an exit interview to help improve the NP Extern Program.
Practice areas include:
- Women’s Health
- Pediatric Health
- Primary Care of Adults and Children
Additional rotations may include Internal Medicine, Immediate Care/Urgent Care, and Extended Care facilities.