Hancock Regional Hospital School of Radiologic Technology has articulated with Ivy Tech Community College (IVTCC) to enable our students to obtain an AAS degree upon completion of our program.
If you do not, or will not, hold a degree prior to applying to our program, please visit Information for Applicants Without a Degree.
Admission preference is given to applicants who hold a degree at the time of program application.
Applicants Holding a Degree
In order to be considered for the program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Associate degree or higher
- Completion of the following courses from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum course grade of “C” (1.6 on a 4.0 scale):
- Mathematics/logical reasoning: minimum 3 credit hours in college Algebra or higher-level math
- Communication: minimum 3 credit hours in English Composition OR Fundamentals of Public Speaking, OR Interpersonal Communication
- Anatomy and Physiology: minimum 5 credit hours (course credits no older than 5 yrs)
- Chemistry OR Physics: minimum 3 credit hours
- High school Chem or Physics is acceptable to fulfill this requirement.
- Medical Terminology: minimum 3 credit hours (course credits no older than 5 yrs)
- Introduction to General Psychology OR Principles of Sociology: minimum 3 credit hours
Contact the school with questions about whether a course meets the prerequisites at (317) 468-4468.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age by July 1st in the year of enrollment.
- Have all official transcripts (high school, college, technical/vocational) sent electronically (preferred method) OR via mail, and all completed application materials, to the School of Radiologic Technology between August 1st and Feb 23rd.
- Application and official transcripts should be sent to: Hancock Regional Hospital, 801 N. State St., Greenfield, IN 46140, marked “ATTN: SCHOOL OF RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGY.”
- If having official transcripts sent electronically: email@example.com
- Include the following with your application:
- Cover letter stating your reasons for choosing radiologic technology as a career
- $30 non-refundable application fee. Checks should be made out to Hancock Regional Hospital
- Name and phone number with area code for two references not related to you; one should be a professional reference and one a personal reference
- IVTCC advising form with IVTCC advisor signature (only if a degree will be conferred by IVYCC upon completion of our program)
- The school does not accept advanced placement or part-time students; requests for transfer are evaluated on an individual basis.
It is the policy of Hancock Regional Hospital to give equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, military status, physical or mental disability, or on the basis of a person’s gender identity.
Because the employees, volunteers, and taxpayers of the respective counties support our hospitals, additional consideration will be given to an applicant from these areas when all things are equal.
Student Selection Procedure
Step #1: Observation
Due to COVID our observation requirement has been suspended until further notice. The program director will notify applicants if or when observations may be completed.
Upon receipt of the application and verification of the successful completion of prerequisites, the applicant will be given instructions to contact two of our clinical instructors and make two appointments to observe the program at two of the clinical education sites. Appointments are made between August 1st and late February. The applicant will:
- Be at the clinical site for 3-4 hours
- Dress professionally
- Tour the imaging department and observe exams/procedures
- Have the opportunity to talk to current students and technologists
- Read the policy section of the Handbook for Student Radiographers
- Read the Technical Performance Standards
- Read and sign the Statement of Patient Confidentiality.
These are forms you must sign indicating your understanding of what the school expects of its students professionally, academically, mentally, and physically. Observation times fill up quickly, therefore, you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Step #2: Information Session
All applicants meeting the admission requirements and submitting their application on or before the deadline will be required to attend an information session offered 1-2 weeks following the application deadline. This information session will provide an opportunity to learn about program course work, clinical expectations of our program, and the applicant will be given the opportunity to ask questions of current students and faculty. Attending an information session is MANDATORY for all applicants; please contact the program if there is a conflict with the published date/time.
2021 INFORMATION SESSION(S): Sat, Mar. 6, 2021, 9-11am Due to social distancing requirements we may offer more than one session on Mar. 6
Invitations and directions to the Information Session are sent upon the successful submission of the program application.
Step #3: Interview
The interview will be with the program faculty, a student representative, and the Advisory Board. Acceptance to the program will be decided by the highest average scores. The number of applicants chosen for acceptance will vary based on the overall number of clinical spots available each year. The interviews will evaluate areas such as scholastics, written and oral communication, maturity, character qualities, professional demeanor, and desire. All applicants will be notified of the program’s decision for enrollment as soon as possible. Those applicants not initially selected for the program may become alternates. Alternates will be ranked based on the average of the interview score. In the event an accepted student declines to attend, the position will be offered to the first alternate, and so on.
The interview date will be provided to all applicants 3-4 weeks prior to the interview.
For questions or further information, please call the school office (317) 468-4468, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.