Advanced diagnostic imaging shows the path to health.
Comfort, convenience, and clear results are the hallmarks of Hancock Health’s imaging specialists. We provide high-quality information and timely results, so your doctors can offer the best possible care. And we offer services at convenient locations throughout Hancock County, to get you in and out and on with your life.
Schedule a test or screening now
At Hancock Health, we empower you to protect your health. It’s why we allow you to schedule many lab tests and screenings without a physician’s referral. It’s a safe, convenient, and inexpensive way to take a proactive approach to wellness.
The Latest Technologies
Hancock Health offers state-of-the-art imaging equipment to provide the information your doctors need to make the best decisions about your care.
- Digital X-ray. Using less radiation and providing faster results than traditional film X-rays, digital X-rays can provide a useful picture of bones, soft tissues, and some organs.
- MRI. Magnetic resonance imaging, or MRI, uses magnets and radio waves to create two- and three-dimensional images of your body. Our 3T Wide Open MRIs are more comfortable and offer results in a fraction of the time of standard MRIs.
- CT scan. Computed tomography, or CT scans use X-ray and computer technology to take many cross-sectional scans of your body. CT scans can help diagnose conditions in bone, tissues, and organs.
- Bone density (DEXA) scan. Recommended for men over 65 and post-menopausal women over 65 or with a risk factor for osteoporosis.
- Fluoroscopy. Using special dyes that are detected by X-rays, doctors can examine joints, organs, and other internal body parts.
- Nuclear medicine. A trace amount of radioactive material is taken intravenously or orally, allowing doctors to look for cancer, heart disease, and other conditions.
- Ultrasound. Using high-frequency sound waves, technicians produce images, called sonograms, to diagnose conditions in organs or blood vessels, or view developing pregnancies. Hancock Health also offers three-dimensional ultrasound that gives even greater detail.
- Digital mammography. The Selenia Dimensions integrated breast imaging system is a revolutionary technology that shows more detail and reduces the need for re-imaging.
- Tomosynthesis. This technique uses advanced digital technology to produce multiple X-rays of the breast. A computer then assembles them into a high-resolution 3-D image. The result is a more comfortable and potentially more effective screening.
- Stereotactic imaging. If your mammogram shows an abnormality, stereotactic imaging lets your treatment team pinpoint the exact location in 3-D space, minimizing the damage to surrounding tissues and increasing the precision and effectiveness of your treatment.
What to Expect
Hancock Health uses only the highest quality equipment, maintained and operated by our specially trained team of radiologists and technologists. While no medical procedure is entirely without risk, diagnostic imaging is almost always noninvasive and painless. And at Hancock Health, we do our best to make your session, quick, comfortable, and convenient to your schedule.
Five Convenient Locations in Hancock County
We offer outpatient imaging services at Parkway Imaging Center, Hancock Regional Hospital, New Palestine Family Medicine, Gateway Imaging and at the McCordsville Hancock Health Center. We can frequently offer next-day appointments.