The care you trust in the comfort of your home.
The expert, compassionate care you expect from Hancock Regional Hospital doesn’t have to end when you walk out our door. Through our affiliation with Suburban Home Health, we can provide a wide range of healthcare treatment and rehabilitation services in the convenience of your home—as needed or on a schedule, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whether you need support as you heal from Inpatient surgery, or you or your loved ones need extended care, we’ll provide you with individualized services that can help speed your recovery and maximize your comfort.
Why Home Health Care?
There are lots of good reasons to choose home care over an extended hospital or rehabilitation center stay. The opportunity to recover and receive care at home can have benefits in terms of cost, privacy, comfort, and the company of loved ones. It may even improve the healing process. Our at-home services help patients with post-surgery care, rehabilitation, medication, pain management, and more. It’s one reason our hospital readmission rates are 17 percent—seven points below the national average of 24 percent.
Our Home Health Services
Suburban Home Health focuses on compassionate, patient-centered care, delivered to your door by our skilled, professional staff. Our program is licensed by the Indiana State Department of Health, accredited by The Joint Commission, and approved by Medicare/Medicaid. Services we provide include:
- Skilled nursing care. Comprehensive clinical nursing services, from wound healing and medication management to intravenous therapy to management of chronic conditions such as heart disease, COPD, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Patient education services. For new medications, pain management, and more.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy. To help patients recover from broken bones, joint replacement surgery, stroke, and many other conditions.
- Home health aide services and registered dieticians. To assist with personal care needs and activities of daily living.
- Medical social services. To act as your advocate and help you connect with other community resources.
- Palliative care. For patients dealing with chronic pain at all stages of illness or injury. Find our more about our in-home palliative care services.
- Hospice care. Compassionate, at-home, end-of-life care for patients and their families. Our hospice services are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year, so we are always there when you need us. Find out more about our in-home hospice services.
- Home medical equipment. We can deliver and help you set up all the equipment and supplies you need to support your short-term recovery or long-term home-care needs—from wheelchairs to medical beds to oxygen concentrators and beyond. Find out more about our home medical equipment services.