To ensure that all patients receive equal access to the services provided by Hancock Regional Hospital.
Hancock Regional Hospital shall provide care for patients without discrimination, including, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Patients will be treated and/or admitted and assigned to rooms without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, mental or physical status or source of payment.
- Patients will not be asked if they desire or are willing to share a room with a patient of another denomination or race, thereby the transfer of a patient to another room shall not be interpreted as discrimination.
- Associates, volunteers, and medical staff will be assigned to patients regardless of race, religion, color, creed, or national origin.
- All patients shall receive a uniform standard of care based on their diagnosis, treatment needs, care planning, and all other aspects of patient care.
- Any associate who refuses to provide care to any patient because of that patient’s race, religion, color, creed, national origin, etc., will be disciplined in accordance with hospital personnel policies.
- The Hancock Regional Hospital policy on Patient’s Basic Rights and Responsibilities provides additional detail.